Patra, a West Indian snack, will surely make your test buds feel good. It is a perfect amalgamation of spice, salt and sweetness. One of the rare dishes which can be eaten steamed, fried or even shallow fried. Also known as Aluu Wadi, It is a very popular snack in Gujarati and Malvani households.
- 200 gm Besan
- 1 tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 10 Colocasia leaves (Aalukee patte)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp hing
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp Sesame seeds
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- Wash the leaves and remove the thick veins from it.
- Mix all the ingredients except Sesame seeds and make a thick batter.
- Place a Colocosia leaf on the table and put in a thin layer of the batter on the leaf.
- Now place another leaf on the top of it and repeat the previous step.
- The sides of the leaf need to be folded and rolled, tightly.
- Now steam the leaf rolls for half an hour.
- Cut the steamed roll into thick slices.
- Heat the oil and add mustard seeds and in sometime also add Sesame seeds.
- Pour this mixture on sliced patra. Ready to be served.
MM Mithaiwala Online Sweet Store
At MM Mithaiwala, you get lip-smacking, crispy Patra’s at a very reasonable price. Get a taste of this Gujarati ecstacy, by just giving us a call. Contact us for free home delivery or you can place your order online too. You are most welcome at the MM Mithaiwala Shop also.