Papdi Farsan is probably the most common breakfast Gujrati breakfast. Very light for the tummy, it is generally served with tangy green chutney or a carrot and cabbage sider, called Sambharo. It is also consumed in areas like Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, with Jalebi.
- 250 gm Besan (Chickpea flour)
- 200 ml Water
- ½ tbsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Hing (Asafoetida)
- ¼ cup refined Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Salt (to taste)
- A pinch of turmeric
- Put besan in a mixing bowl
- Add salt, baking soda, oil, water and a pinch of hing and black pepper powder to it and form a dough.
- Place the soft dough on a frying spoon or a sev maker and take pan and heat oil at medium flame.
- Press frying spoon or sev maker to fry the dough. Also pour some peanuts.
- Take the fried material out when it turns pink.
- Drain on a tissue and sprinkle hing and black pepper powder on it.
MM Mithaiwala Online Sweet Store
MM Mithaiwala, brings you these crispy and crunchy “Papadi Farsan’s” of the best quality in town. Good for health and great for the taste buds, this simple and light snack should be an ideal way of starting your day. Get a taste of this Gujarati ecstacy, by just giving us a call. Contact us for free home delivery or you can place your order online too. You are most welcome at the MM Mithaiwala Shop also.